There are many different type of non-immigrant visas for people wishing to work, study or do business in the USA. If you select the wrong visa, you may be denied entry at the United States border, or in the worst case, you might face a ban on entering the country. It is important to be aware of the different types of visa,
1. Business Visa: The B1 visa is a non-immigrant visa for the USA for people wishing to visit America to conduct business. It is for people who want to attend a conference or a business meeting in the United States. Importantly, this american business visa does not allow a person to set up a new business in the USA. You must apply at least 60 days before the date you want to travel. Avoid buying air tickets in advance if you have not received your visa yet.
2. Work Visa: There are various categories for this type of visas like H, L, O, P and Q. Which one you need depends on the type of your work for which you are going the USA. These types of visas are also temporary and holders of these visas cannot stay in the USA for a lifetime. Once your visa expires you will have to return to your country of origin. You can not get the visa until USCIS approves your petition.
3. Student Visa: People who want to study in any school or college in the USA have to apply for student visa. You may be asked to pass a certain language test for eligibility. By this test, they see how efficiently you can read, write, listen and speak that particular language. Most of them ask for an English language test. When you are on a student visa you can not take a break for more than 5 months or you may lose your visa.
4. Artists and Athletes Visa: Professional artists like actors, singers and stage performers can apply for this visa type. It includes actors shooting a movie, stage performance and attending an awards show. Athletes can also apply for the visa if there is a tournament or match to attend.
5. Media and Journalist Visa: Journalists can apply for an I visa which allows them to travel to the United States so that they can cover American news for their domestic audiences.
The EB-5 program is envisaged to give a boost to the economy of the United States by attracting investors belonging to other nationalities to make investments in US-based businesses. The minimum amount that is to be invested under the program is US $ 1,000,000 (and US $ 500,000 in targeted employment areas). The business must provide employment to 10 US citizens, apart from the business owner and family members. If the application under EB-5 is approved, then the applicant is granted a 2 years residence in the US on a conditional basis.
The process to obtain an EB 5 visa is complicated and tricky which is not possible for a layman to complete on its own. This is where the requirement of an experienced US business immigration attorney comes up. An expert EB 5 visa attorney will ensure that all the steps are duly followed, and the only accurate information is furnished to the authorities.
Being of such great importance to the prospects of one getting an EB 5 visa application approved, due diligence must be exercised while selecting an EB 5 business attorney. Here are five essential tips to be considered before choosing a US business immigration attorney: –
Experience: – The attorney who is chosen to handle the EB5 visa application process must have proper credentials and prior experience in the field. Therefore, it is recommended to conduct a background check before making a final decision.
Expertise: – It needs to be ascertained as to what type of applications the attorney handles because the process for filing a Direct EB 5 application and Regional EB 5 application is entirely different as both of them require different skills set to be managed.
Fees: – Although, fees should be the last issue that should affect the decision of selecting a US business immigration attorney. Though, it is recommended that the scope of services being offered must be compared with the cost being levied.
Time: – In the case of EB 5 visa application, time is of the essence. It is therefore advisable that the time devoted by the attorney to understand the client business must be given careful consideration.
Reputation: – Reputation also counts a lot when finalising a decision regarding an immigration attorney. It is recommended to research regarding the track record of the attorney.
Selecting a competitive Us business immigration attorney is an essential step towards realising the dream of living and working in the United States. Above mentioned tips will help anyone make a sound and informed decision.